HOLLYWOOD – 5 FACTS on Quentin Tarantino’s new film for you.
As the director of acclaimed films like Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, and Downton Abbey: The Final Showdown, there’s a lot of anticipation for what might be Quentin Tarantino’s next film. And the director has been pretty successful at keeping his next project a secret – until recently.
In the middle of a pandemic, we sent our crack team of interns on a fact-finding mission to Tarantino’s basement. And after sadly losing two interns along the way – they will be missed – the good news is that their sacrifice was not in vain. Thanks to these brave souls, we now know too much about Tarantino’s next film. Here’s the gist:
1. It’s gonna be his last film. Or not. As CinemaBlend.com writes, the man has been saying that he’s finished after his 10th film – in an effort to “leave them wanting more.” At the same time, Tarantino’s too young for a genius eccentric director, and those guys get to direct movies well into their senile years. It’s also hard to imagine Tarantino ever giving up directing.
2. Franchises aren’t off the table. In the past, he’s openly discussed interest in making the next Bond or Star Trek flick. Either way, there would be lots of opportunities for the Tarantino-verse to crossover with a beloved spy or science fiction franchise. We know we’re ready to see some Tarantino-directed Vulcan martial arts.
3. It’s gonna involve a board game somehow. No, seriously. As a feature on Poker.org reveals, Tarantino has fully settled into his role as an eccentric Hollywood director by starting a board game collection. In the man’s own eloquent words, “At first I chose lunch boxes. But they really rape you on lunch boxes. They’re just too f**king expensive. And as for dolls, well, you can’t have much fun with them. You have to keep them in the box. So, I started with board games.” By choosing an unexpectedly sensible hobby, Tarantino shocks us yet again with another jarring twist. Anyway, there’s a real chance that his next film is in some way related to a board game – as Tarantino has famously been inspired by the encyclopedic collection of films and vinyl records he keeps at home.
4. It’s gotta be Kill Bill 3, right? How else is he gonna cap off arguably the coolest filmography in Hollywood? Let Vernita Green’s daughter have her vengeance on The Bride. And it better involve a Hattori Hanzō blade.
5. Look, enough with the jokes and fake news. Here’s the real deal on Tarantino’s next movie. Due for release sometime in 2022, the director’s 10th and last film is called Charlie Manson Ate My Cat. It’s a magic realist rom-com starring It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s Charlie Day as Charles Manson, with Brad Pitt reprising his Once Upon a Time in Hollywood role as stunt man Cliff Booth. Fresh off a Razie from her performance in Cats, Dame Judi Dench will be playing the cat. We’re not happy about it either, but it’s what our interns tell us. Those guys have no reason to lie to us. And that’s a fact.
(Visited 12 times, 12 visits today)