One winter morning people wake up in an apartment block and the routine takes over – whether it’s work, school or housework. As the day progresses, the habits of each start to reveal their character traits: efficiency, sloth, addiction or passion. In the evening, when everybody is back home, the building resonates with either lovemaking or awkward silences. And before bedtime each and every resident has to face the deeds of the day.
This Oscar-nominated animated short, “Yes-People,” follows several Icelanders as they navigate minor daily conflicts—on their way to work, or to school, or while grocery shopping.
Gísli Darri Halldórsson’s Yes-People has had a fantastic festival run which has been topped by the Oscar® 2021 nomination at the 93rd Academy Awards® in the ANIMATED SHORT FILM category.
It has also had a host of awards including:
– “Children’s Choice Award Nordic Youth Category” , Nordisk Panorama, Sweden (2020)
– “Best Nordic-Baltic Short Film“, Frederikstad Animation Festival, Norway (2020)
– “Best Icelandic Short Film“, Reykjavík IFF, Iceland (2020)
– “Best European Short Film”, Wierd International Animation FF, Spain (2020)
– “Audience Award“, Uppsala Short Film Festival, Sweden (2020)
– Annecy, Fantoche, ITFS Stuttgart, Minimalen, Anifilm & many more….
Animator and director Gísli Darri Halldórsson graduated with a BA (hons) from the Irish School of Animation (Dublin) in 2007 and has been working as a professional animator ever since. Gísli has worked on feature-films, short-films, TV-series, commercials and music videos. In between jobs he has directed and animated a few animated narrative shorts and music videos such as “The Great Unrest” – Mugison, “A Frog’s Blues” – Hafdís Bjarnadóttir, and “Whatever” – Leaves.
For more information on Gísli Darri Halldórsson Click Here.
To watch more short films Click Here